Friday, November 23, 2007

Just something I whipped up...


Even after all these years, seeing a horse shaped object form out of crude blocks of clay and unassuming pieces of wire still amazes me. It's fun to start on a new project and see the gesture come to life. Today I started on a sculpture I've been researching for a few months now. I intended to represent a Morgan of old breeding with a ground covering powerful trot. I decided that my ideal subject for the purpose is the legendary Flyhawk. As photos of Flyhawk are scarce and not of the best quality for more than the most basic reference, I am also using a couple modern stallions - Caduceus Denver and Olympus Way To Go - to help fill in the blanks. Here are the results of a day at work! The rest will take much MUCH longer of course, but for now he will be set aside so I can come back and fix the problems with a fresh eye later.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Madly in love with this one!!!

Mel Miller said...

<3 Thanks Heather!