Monday, March 3, 2008

A Little Peek


I've actually had this mare in progress for quite some time now but haven't touched her in months and months. In fact, I think the last time she may have even been out of her box was during the Artisan's Gallery last year. As I was editing photos for the new gallery, I thought I'd get a quick preview image of her done for show and tell. She is a galloping stock horse mare, no breed in particular. She's in such a difficult position that I'm honestly not sure I'll be able to successfully cast her, at least on my own. I really love these sorts of dynamic poses, so I do hope it works out. I haven't forgotten about the pony project! I was bulking that one up some more a week ago, but there isn't much of note to post about on her. I'll get back to her in earnest as soon as I can! Probably shortly after the work on Curly is done.

2 comments:

Carolijn Wils said...

Ooh Mel, that's an amazing pose! It looks soo accurate and dynamic! Can't wait to see how she develops :)

Mel Miller said...

Thank you Carolijn! I love the dynamic poses best, so this girl is really exciting for me. I'm glad you like her too! :-)