Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Tip


Well, my photos for this Friday tip seem to have disappeared. :-( But the good news is we really don't need them this time. I'll try to remember to take them again and pretty this entry up the next time I do prepping. Updated! :-D

Since I have never been able to find Ajax (the cleaner most people use for prepping) I use Comet instead. I think they're pretty much the same thing. The easiest way to scrub up a horse is to make a paste of the Comet powder and keep that up in one corner of the sink (or a bowl if you don't have enough room). Then wet the horse down a bit, and start scrubbing the Comet paste all over with a tooth brush. Get into every nook and cranny. The paste is green, so that makes it very easy to see where it has and hasn't been. When done, rinse very well with warm water to get rid of any remaining bleachy film. Set the horse aside for several hours at least (I prefer overnight) so that it can dry thoroughly before priming. And that's really all there is to it! It's a simple step in prepping, so don't skimp here just to get started faster. You'll be thankful you did it in the long run! :-)

No comments: