Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Tip


Dogs* love oil based clay. For some reason, they like to eat it. Maybe they like other clays too, I don't know. But I do know for sure that Chavant NSP is a delicacy best kept away from your canine companions. Maybe even your feline friends as well, though so far they have ignored it in my experience. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what prompted today's Friday Tip!

*Note the plural - oh yes, this has happened with more than one dog! My sweet little angel Shelby up there was only the first to savage a sculpture.

6 comments:

Carol H. said...

What a great photo, Mel, you always get the lighting just right!

Sian said...

What a beautiful dog!

Mel Miller said...

Thanks guys! Carol, I wish I could say all my pictures were so consistent with lighting. Unfortunately I have to cull a lot! Ever since I vowed not to take photos at mid-day (unless it's overcast) my work sure has gotten easier though. :-D

Lesli Kathman said...

I didn't realize you had a Collie. She's lovely. And I can say that a lot of dogs seem to like to eat greenware. Emma doesn't bother it, but our last two both would eat any bits they found.

Mel Miller said...

I thought that might be the case Lesli. Thanks for weighing in! Who can stay mad at a Collie face though?

Lesli Kathman said...

Not me. I have no resistance whatsoever when it comes to Collies. :) It's probably a good thing I no longer own any!