Sunday, August 14, 2011

In Progress


So, over the winter I got all of my color reference binders done as well as a bunch of other things like hair patterns and braids and such. But material just keeps pouring in here, and now I'm left with this all over again. I feel a bit like Sisyphus! Some of the new stuff came from books I got on sale at Borders which is sadly closing up shop. If you've been holding off on picking up that coffee table book now might be a good time to go for it.

And it doesn't look like much has changed with Deseoso, but he has had a lot of work done lately. His pencil roaning is all done, and his busted ear is fixed. I can see now that I forgot to put on the basecoat for his mottling, so that's next and then he can move on to his (hopefully!) final coats of oils. His pic is clickable for a larger version.


2 comments:

Doris Kawgan-Kagan said...

The color is awesome, so beautiful and unique. I can't wait to see how he will look in the end!

Mel Miller said...

Thank you Doris! :-D