Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In Progress


A lot of progress has been made on all those little guys since the last post, but my priority has been working on this Rose Reiner CM. It's been a long time since I've worked on a really nice piece for auction so I'm super excited about him! It figures that I'd pick a horse that's extremely difficult to photograph (thanks to his leaning and turning position), but he's such a dynamic, neat guy that I couldn't resist. He looks like some kind of cream leopard right now, but that's the last thing he'll look like when he's done. Stay tuned for lots of in progress shots on this fellah! :-D

6 comments:

Last Alliance Studios said...

O_O
Ooooh now that's really nice! Totally different from the original! :D

Pattie said...

Hello, I just found your blog. Do you sell your beautiful sculptures?

Pattie

Mel Miller said...

Thank you! Pattie, I do sell just about everything I make. I always announce here when something is about to go up for sale, so if you sub to the blog you'll hear about it. :-)

Anonymous said...

when you are finished with making the whole unpainted body, do you keep the t-joint inside the model or just un screw it from the pipe??? thanks!

Mel Miller said...

Hi there! This horse was a resin cast so he did not have a pipe inside. When I sculpt a horse from scratch in clay a mold is made and then the clay (pipe and all) is removed from the mold. The pipe leaves behind a hole in the mold to pour the resin into, and that pour spout gets cut off and sanded down before the horse is painted. :-)

Anonymous said...

oh! i see! that makes sense, thank you!!! XD