Thursday, December 13, 2012

Customania!

Well, it has been almost exactly six months to the day since my last blog post. Part of that time was spent finishing the not-very-fun-to-look-at prepping on all those horses seen in previous blog posts (what an undertaking!), and part of it was spent on yet another family emergency (my dad needed open heart surgery). In between driving around to more doctors than you can shake a stick at and working on the first batch of paint jobs, I have been plowing through my Breyerfest loot! It's seven months off but I feel like it's already pedal to the metal time and much epoxy and paint has been flying around here. Hold on to your hats, this blog update is going to be a doozy.

It can be a mixed blessing and curse taking pictures of horses in progress. Usually it means seeing something that needs fixing that the eyes just didn't see in 3D. So hooray for showing the errors before the work is really far along, but boo for having to fix stuff! Most likely several of these will get culled from the Breyerfest lineup due to just not having the time to properly fix the errors and being a lot of work in general.  Better to start with a ton and wind up with a bunch of good ones though, right? So without any further ado, the horses (all clickable for bigger pics). Try not to laugh too hard at the ones with giant ear blobs! :-D






























6 comments:

shoestringstable said...

Wow! Those are so awesome! I love too many to list and I can't wait to see them evolve. I'm working on a CM of the Citation/Zenyetta Christmas ornament too, so it's fun to see ones in progress. Fabulous work all around.

Mel Miller said...

Aren't those Thoroughbred ornaments great? Kind of a pain to work with, but I really like them for a change of pace.

Four Corners Tack said...

Love some of the ideas in this lot. I have a particular hankering for a nice Roxy cm so she caught my eye!

Nichelle said...

Wow!!

Last Alliance Studios said...

Whoa, that's a LOT of SMs!

CassieInTheRain said...

Love the ideas.
Great ornaments.