Thursday, August 14, 2014

Chinook Studios (sort of) Closing, Wyatt Auction




I officially made this announcement before BF this year, but only just now realized I forgot to post it to the blog. BreyerFest 2014 marked my official retirement from full time professional model horse art. I am not burnt out and I am not completely leaving, but it is time for my work to become a hobby again. Over the coming year the customs that were done for BF will be available via auction. Speaking of which, the first auction horse, "Higgledy Piggledy", a CMed Wyatt is now up on My Auction Barn. (Sometimes the links to MAB don't work, but you can always find him featured on the home page.)

As for what this announcement means for current work, over the next few months I will be finishing the remainder of my commissions. Those who have work with me do not need to worry about losing their spot(s). After that, I expect that I will produce some horses but at a drastically reduced rate. I cannot say if that means one horse a year or a handful as I do not know what my circumstances will be. I do have a cabinet of wonderful resins (many already customized and prepped!) that I am looking forward to painting in the future.

I am so thankful to have had the chance to do this work full time for as long as I did. I appreciate everyone who has supported me through purchases or simply been a friendly face online and at shows. Thanks a million, and see you around!

No comments: